- If you are sensitive to waxing, we advise you to avoid it a few days before, or the first day of, your menstrual cycle as your pain threshold is reduced.
- Trim your hair down to ¼ inch before you have a Brazilian or Hollywood treatment. This is very important as it will make your experience a lot more comfortable.
- If you have been shaving we recommend that you allow 2-3 weeks growth before a wax to allow your hair follicles to reproduce.
- Leave 4-6 weeks between waxes.
- If you are going on holiday, we recommend you to have your treatment 2 or 3 days before you leave to ensure your skin has calmed down.
- It is recommended to shower and exfoliate the chosen area 12-24 hours prior to waxing resulting in a smoother finish.
- Do not use moisturiser prior to your treatment as the wax will not sit on your skin properly.
Your skin will be temporarily sensitised after waxing, following these recommendations for 24-48 will reduce the risk of irritation or minor infections.
- No hot showers / baths.
- No heat treatments, sauna, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- No swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not wear tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Do not use sun beds or sun bathe after waxing, wear sun screen on the waxed areas for 48 hours.
- Do not apply any perfumed products, deodorant, body sprays, powders, lotions, moisturiser, fake tan to the area, only products recommended by your therapist.
- Do not apply exfoliating products – they can irritate the skin.
- Facial waxing, do not apply make-up for 12 hours.
- After a Brazilian or Hollywood bikini wax avoid sexual activity for 12 hours.
- Avoid friction / direct contact with area.
- Avoid touching freshly waxed skin, as it can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- To sooth and protect the skin for 3 days post treatment apply antiseptic cream, tea-tree or lavender lotion after shower or bath to all waxed areas.
- To prevent ingrown hairs, after 24 – 48 hours, exfoliate 3 times a week to remove dead skin so that hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown. Also moisturise every day to keep the skin supple and help hairs grow through.
Waxing services are not suitable for:
- Clients using or have used in last 6 months retin A , AHA / BHA skin care, skin peels, glycolic acid and steroid creams.
- Clients who have under gone recent laser, dermabrasion or micro dermabrasion.
- Client taking or have used in last 3 month any anti -acne medications or ruacutane due to increased dryness and sensitivity of skin.
- Clients who suffer from cold sores. (If a client has had a cold sore recently waxing will cause reoccurrence).
- Clients who are hypersensitive to heat treatments.
- Clients who have been exposed to sun or sunbeds 24 hours prior to waxing.
- Clients whose immune system is extremely low or those who have an iron deficiency.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by parent/guardian who must sign a consent form.
- Intimate waxing (Brazilian and Hollywood bikini waxing) is not recommended to anyone under 18.